FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA LAX-LHR-DUB Delay Trashes Ex EU Itinerary
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:21 pm
nemonon

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Platinum
BA LAX-LHR-DUB Delay Trashes Ex EU Itinerary

FT Cogniscenti,
Some guidance required and advice required please:
Am currently sat in LAX 1W lounge having finished rebooking my family California holiday return after BA delayed the departure of the -380 home.
In Feb I caught a good deal and flew the family CW DUB-LHR-LAX with the positioning Flt BRS-DUB with Ryan. For RTB today I was booked CW all the way back to DUB, due to arrive 1835L. Plan was to turn around at DUB and catch the FR666 DUB-BHX @ 2035L dep. Plenty of time. Avis rental booked and paid for at BHX (Preferred+) to get us home in Somerset.
Prior to family's LAX arrival for departure I was advised @ 1400L (GMT-8) that the LHR service was delayed from a 2105L dep to 2330L. This ran a coach and horses through my careful plan, pitched to a doubtful Mrs Nemonon last Feb. She is, as we speak, sat across the lounge from me not speaking to me for being too ambitious and screwing up the return home. I could explain that it was out of my control etc, but I wouldn't get far.
Any way, after dealing with a thoroughly disinterested member of the BA LAX check-in team I have been re-booked LHR-DUB via Air Fungus 1910-2025 giving us 90 min to get from T5 to T2 (1745L LAX arr), economy only, so miss out on the CW leg and TP to DUB that I have paid for. Also I believe that the time allowed may be a little cheeky to achieve. Luggage booked through to DUB.
Unbelievably BA have managed to get us into DUB 2:50 late on the scheduled arr time therefore mitigating their responsibilities for the EU Flt delay compensation of 600 Eur per head.
I have, in short order, sat here over the last 2 hrs, booked a hotel in Dublin, a Ryan Flt DUB-BRS on the following morning and another rental from Avis at Bristol. Total cost to me for the 2:50 delay: hotel £150, extra Flt £200, missed hire car £45, lost TP and Avios got the missed CW to DUB.
Given the time difference I have been unable to raise any of the relevant agencies in the UK to obtain rebooking assistance and so have just booked the replacement accomm, flts and car.
So my question to the collective here is, given that I have missed the compensation deadline by 10 min, how can I achieve any form of refund for the additional costs incurred by BA's operational delay (ac landed late from LHR apparently)?
I would appreciate any help. I walk for the gate in an hour.
Regards