FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Self Entitled Passenger in seat 29A
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:20 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nallison
To be honest, to me it is you coming across rather as the entitled one here. From experience, and it seems most other posters occur, when sitting in this seat or one like it, I think most people assume the logical way to exit is to use the row in front, which necessitates exactly nobody else having to leave their seat.

It is a route, and actually more logical route, just as much as using his row, and indeed he has paid for that space in front of him. Now if he was a bit clumsy then yes maybe that necessitates a word, but really, if you told him he couldn't exit that way, he was entitled to say that he would be, you have no righ tto stop him I'm afraid. It's no different to someone in his own row saying they won't let him exit.

I've also been in the row in front and would find it ridiculous for the person behind me to make his companions get up when there is a route out that allows everyone to stay seated.
I tend to agree. There is certainly nothing suggesting that it would be more "logical" or fitting in going over row 29 than over row 28 when you seat in 29A/K. Whether window seat people (and I am typically one) have a "right" to pass or not is of course an open question, but it is hardly a form of arrogance to want to go to the bathroom, and whilst you want to be a bit polite and apologetic in asking, I would have been quite miffed and a bit annoyed by the OP's answer.