FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leadership Shake Up; Kirby to United, Isom named President 29 Aug 2016
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:49 pm
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
I'm not really sure what you're getting at. I couldn't care less about elite benefits, in fact I don't even retain elite status at AA anymore. I purchase F/J on flights where I want it. I care about two things: product and price. The current management team has proven unable to deliver a product I value hence my disapproval.
If your primary concern is product honestly none of the US carriers really deliver that, except for VX limited network (while it remains in current form, on paper at least) and B6 Mint. Sure certain elements of AA before the merger were vastly superior to the rest of the US network carriers but let's not kid anyone here. Even the new service aspects and in-flight products set forth by Virasb Vahidi's leadership and Alice Liu's team (she left AA two weeks ago btw) it wasn't on the level of a CX or Gulf carrier nor was it trying to be.

Bottom line is this, as someone purchasing fares and wanting a certain level of product your view and objective of the industry differs from theirs. They run airlines at the end of the day and have for decades; you don't and haven't.