FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation request to hotel management and what type of compensation should I ask?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:36 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by theaccesscard
Currently at Doubletree Hotel Kuala Lumpur. Got few issue with room cleanliness.Found blood stain on bed duvet as well as on bathroom counter top,rain shower handle leaking,carpet so filthy with hairs everywhere.There are mold in bath cubicle,found a sharp razor blade on the carpet next to the window and almost step on it.no benefit letter,no welcome amenities.

I ask for room changes.duty manager came and inform the new room will be ready in 30 minutes.Wait for more than 1 hour nobody came. since I'm a bit in hurry to meet friend,I just decided to unpacked my beg again and go out instead.I planned to spoke with duty manager the next day since I will back to the hotel pretty late.At 1 am I came back to the hotel and found that all my thing is missing!Go downstairs and been told that they have move my thing to new room.I'm a bit shocked because they don't ask for my permission to do that.For all those incident happened,time that I waste,filthy room,dangerous sharp razor on room floor,what is the fair compensation that I should request from the hotel?
Did you tell them that you were leaving and you no longer wanted to be moved that night? If not, then in my opinion the hotel was following through on your request to be moved. You had said your current room was not adequate, they agreed to move you to another room and needed to clean it first especially since they did not want to move you to another substandard room, you decided that was taking too long so you left, the hotel finally got the other room ready but you were gone so they moved your belongings to the other room as you requested. I do not believe they owe your anything for moving your belongings to the other room. I'm not sure they owe you anything for the original unacceptable room except for a small amount of points for the delay in moving you -- at most maybe 5 - 10,000.