FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boston Do: September 15
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:11 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Okay, now I'm angry. I don't know who is responsible for TalkMail each week, but I noticed this statement today:

September 15, 2016 Boston What? Another gathering of FlyerTalk members in Boston - but this time with no creative name?!? Regardless, mikeef has been hosting this recurring event for several years now - and the only disappointment this year should be that there is no creative name...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...mber-15-a.html
Let me tell you, I work very hard to come up with a creative name, and putting together a Do takes a lot of work. I have to start one whole thread and make one entire phone call to do so. I'm typically worn out by the time I'm done with all of those grueling tasks, but I try to come up with a creative title, anyway. I'm taking time out from Pokemon Go to arrange these gatherings. That's not easy, ya know. Nevertheless, I trudge along out of love for my fellow FTers.

I take it as a personal insult that you criticize my lack of nameness for the aforementioned Do. Thus, I'm going on strike. There will be no more creative names for Boston Dos until I get the appropriate apology from the TalkBoard.

And a shrubbery. I want a shrubbery. A nice one. Not too expensive.

Mike