FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FS Bogota - which one?
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:30 pm
pricesquire
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
if it matters to you, the FS Casa Medina does not have air conditioning... that would be a deal breaker for me....

FDW
First of all, both are world class properties.

As for CM, You'd THINK it's a deal breaker, but it's actually not a big deal. Let me explain...

I am one of those people who can't live without A/C. As a native Floridian, A/C is as essential as food, water, and shelter.

I leave my A/C on 68 almost 24/7, and at night I drop it as low as it goes. Hotels especially I like to keep as. cold. as. possible.

But, when at Four Seasons Casa Medina, I didn't even realize they didn't have A/C until the day I was checking out when the GM asked me at breakfast, "so, did not having A/C bother you?" My response: "I didn't have A/C??"

Bogota has a very unique climate. And one element of that uniqueness is not really needing A/C.

The way Casa Medina is built lends itself to not needing it. Stone walls keep the rooms exceptionally cool. Light walls, the right type of furniture, and the way the ceilings are built keep the room naturally cool.

The room was so cool at night I found myself scrambling to shut the windows.

So...I'm the king of needing air conditioning, yet at CM, I was beyond comfortable.

As for this hotel v. the newer one, it really depends on your style. Case Medina is one of my top 5 favorite hotels of all time. I love almost everything about it. That said, a good friend of mine just went to both and they prefer the newer one. The latter being a bit more sharp, chic, and cutting edge. Casa Medina is chic, but a different kind.

Will try to post pics of the newer property later, but here are my Casa Medina pics.

Also, worth noting that CM is divided into an 'old wing v. new wing'. I believe the new wing MAY have A/C (again: not really needed), but I prefer the old wing rooms.