FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : 'Theoretical Seating' : Blocked seats and status
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:29 am
BA0197

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I'm not so sure that Silver's don't benefit from this change- I can certainly see the downsides of being restricted T-72, but on the whole, since this started (or I noticed) I've had many empty seats next to me as a Silver.

As an example on a recent LHR-TXL return, I chose 10F on an A319 (both ways, exit row) and on the flight (which were both about 90% full) I had the middle seat in the exit row remain free- which was great! In fact most SH flights that are around 90% or less, I've had a free seat next to me 100% of the time since last month.

Looking at EF now, it appears that for all of my upcoming LH flights, I do have a free seat next to me. I have 8 upcoming LH WT flights coming up, so I can report back my experience as a Silver.

EDIT: All flights I've booked recently have been about 2 weeks before departure, so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with not having a person next to me most times.

Last edited by BA0197; Aug 30, 2016 at 11:34 am