FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Self Entitled Passenger in seat 29A
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:44 am
madfish

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the BA forum allymc316. Thank you for joining up here, and I very much hope we will see more from you. Just to help those unaware of the WT layout there, here is the relevant seat map:

I am hoping that after discussion with the cabin crew, your near neighbour was invited to use their own row for exit. One tactic is to scatter some possessions or bags along your side of the seat to make it tricky for people to clamber over into your row. I guess the other argument is that it is shared space on public transport, no one "owns" anything here. Well, apart, ideally, from a bit of commonsense and mutual respect, but that's often in short supply.

Anyway I needed to put that map since this forum is extremely good at illustrating how to sit a little further forward on the aircraft. Quite a number of experienced travellers here wouldn't have a clue about this, and so if you stick around here long enough you need never encounter this problem again!
And to add to this, here's a photo taken from 29k in February. You cannot see row 28 but get an idea of the space in front and the impact of the door.
Attached Images  

Last edited by madfish; Aug 30, 2016 at 10:52 am