FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost an Engine, Ran into a Storm Today
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:51 am
mpheels

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Glad everyone is safe. That's great to hear you were taken care of. However, that sounds like a pretty frightening 15 minutes plus a long an inconvenient bus ride. I hope that all pax, not just medallions, were proactively compensated.
My only true FUBAR situation with Delta happened about 6 years ago, before I even really cared about status and points. Flying SEA-ATL-RDU, and ATL had the perfect storm of weather-related ground stop + ATC computer problems just as my flight arrived (according to the flight crew, we were the last flight allowed to land, everyone after us diverted). Extra time sitting on the plane, followed by promises that everyone was delayed, so connecting flights would not leave. I hustled to get to my next gate (departure board said it was leaving in 30 minutes), but ended up with creeping delays as we waited for the aircraft to reach the gate and for our crew to arrive. We finally boarded around 1am, only to have the flight cancelled when the crew timed out. I was rebooked on a 7am flight. All of the hotels near the airport were booked at that point, so I didn't even bother, just crashed in the airport. Finally made it home, and received a letter from Delta a few days later apologizing and letting me know they were going to deposit 10,000 miles in my account.