FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constructive question to Gold Elites
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:25 am
poopbunny

Pre-Luxton - about 90% of my flights were with NZ
with Luxton - maybe 40% NZ
I'm flying NZ less, but he must be doing something right cos NZ made a record profit.

I prefer access to a-la carte dining found in some OW First Lounges over EP1 "benefits". There could be a glass ceiling, beyond which, the ultimate EP1 status could be attained, but I like benefits to be a bit more tangible and goals more defined.

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
When Mr Luxton took over I noticed an immediate drop in quality on AirNZ.
Would not say it has dropped any further recently.
Finally a decent beef option again instead of burgers!
+1
I remember the old days when FA's could heat my beef fillet medium on a 767 oven. Today, it's a big ask on a modern 787 oven, that is, if fillet is even on the menu.

Originally Posted by sbiddle
As other will point out lots changed when Luxon took over. The cost cutting mentality meant a lot of cutbacks and there are many on here who will have been Elite's at the time (I wasn't) who will be able to comment on this.

I wouldn't say I've experienced a slip in service in the last 6 months, but will say that over the past 2 years or so that I've been flying a lot more that I've received some very mixed service.
+1
I noticed a slip in service/catering shortly after Luxton started.

Also noticed some very good crew and some average, which has not changed despite the countless email surveys I have been invited to fill out after the flight.

As a frequent flyer, I have to credit Luxton making me try other airlines!

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
We are going to get expensive wine.....
When will this happen?
Next trip is in a couple of weeks.
I would not hold my breath. IMO, out of AKL, EK has best (also expensive) wines so far. Some of the red wines, decade old vintages that can't be easily bought.
You can roughly gauge how much an airline spends on catering with the after dinner chocolate.
EK = Godiva
NZ = Cadbury
...enuf said.