FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost an Engine, Ran into a Storm Today
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:35 pm
yohanson

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Glad everyone is safe. That's great to hear you were taken care of. However, that sounds like a pretty frightening 15 minutes plus a long an inconvenient bus ride. I hope that all pax, not just medallions, were proactively compensated.
I knew we were in trouble when the mike was keyed and I heard, "This is the Captain Speaking!" Normally you hear something like, "welllll ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain from the flight deck..." in a sing song sorta way.

We were told to stay in our seats with the seatbelts fastened even after the jet bridge was up to the door and the captain made an announcement then let the site manager get on the horn. After the site manager announced the baggage claim number and the buses, it was a slam bam thank you ma'am process. We were back before an aircraft could have gotten us to ORD.

What's funny was my app kept giving me updates on my flight from MKE to ORD and had my original flight as MSP-MKE. This was happening even while in Illinois on the bus.