FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:13 pm
mesabadad

Programs: 1st Class Only
Originally Posted by zeebanker
Hi Mesabadad (nice name, btw):

We plan to go to International Falls for our interview as well and when researching happened on the link below. I called the number "For iris photograph information, please call 807-274-3655" indicated in the link below. The number is for the Canadian Border Services agency in St. Francis. A nice lady answered and said, "yes, once your interview is done on the US side, come on over to Canada and we'll do the iris scan, no appointment necessary". Hope this helps.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/location-eng.html
My wife and I went to International Falls for our interviews today. We arrived 1 hour early and we both done in 30 minutes total. We asked the Canadian border agent at the interview about getting an iris scan. He confirmed we could get one at Canadian Customs in Ft Frances. When entering Canadian customs at the border crossing we told them why we were entering Canada and they told us to pull over because THE IRIS SCANNER HAS BEEN MOVED TO THEIR BORDER CROSSING OFFICE. We got out entered the building and were on our way back into the US in 10 minutes. They were unsure how long the scanner would remain there.

I suggest calling ahead about iris scans and also asking at the interview and the border crossing.

We were approved immediately and should get our cards in about 2 weeks.