FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I simultaneously stay at two hotels at once?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:13 pm
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Exactly. Why not just find the 50 least expensive SPG properties in the world and book them all (on a prepaid rate, of course) for the night of January 1st? Instant PLT!!
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
It's simply not what the program allows either. The current SPG rules are clear and non-contentious and require you to stay at the hotel in question, even on a prepay, to earn a credit.
Exactly. Dr. HFH's hypothetical is a patently stupid one and not something which anyone on this thread has argued.

Hello, Straw Man!

None of us dispute that actually checking in to a hotel and occupying the room is required to earn SPG points, night and stay credit.

But there is absolutely nothing in the plain text T&Cs prohibiting concurrent otherwise eligible stays. It is quite possible to "stay" in different hotels on the same night and spend measurable time in both rooms.

Apparently Starfraud is using unwritten "rules", undisclosed and unavailable to members, behind the scenes in order to deny people night and stay credit for concurrent stays on the same night. Obviously, it is Starfraud's perogative to interpret its own rules but that doesn't mean they can't be found to be in violation of them were someone to actually litigate.

And Starfraud's conduct here seems to go beyond a matter of mere interpretation of T&Cs. They seem to be just making sheet up.

Unwritten rules and bogus "be in your room at midnight" type bullsh made up by CSRs are just one of the reasons I'm happy I have realized that Starfraud is a joke, loyalty is for chumps, and it's best to just be a free agent and pick the best hotel or the best price than to rely on scummy (one-way) loyalty schemes.

Originally Posted by d'Yquem
My point is that there is nothing preventing two concurrent stays.
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
Please show me anything within the T&Cs supporting your interpretation.
The Starfraud cheerleaders on this thread won't be able to do that any more than the idiot CSR you spoke to on the phone was able to provide written documentation of all the rules she cited.

Last edited by Herb687; Aug 29, 2016 at 4:33 pm Reason: multi-quote