FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Josun Busan, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Anyone who has stayed here and at the Park Hyatt Busan have a preference? I'm top tier at both chains and the prices are identical for the weekend I am coming to town.
I've stayed at both properties in the past year. The Park Hyatt is absolutely beautiful with great facilities and a stunning modern Korean interior design. Unfortunately, the location leaves a bit to be desired (it's in a neighborhood of high-end apartments/condos and probably a mile walk to the action of Haeundae). The Westin is incredibly outdated with small rooms (although I'm about 50% successful with suite upgrades here as an SPG Platinum and I've always at least received a room with a stunning view overlooking Haeundae Beach) but I highly value the location and service at the Westin. The Westin's executive lounge is good (very similar offerings/service to Westin Chosun Seoul) and the hotel is connected to a nice running trail around Dongbaek Park (I always look forward to morning runs here). The Westin is also half the walking distance into the center of Haeundae (although taxis are available at both properties).

Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Westin. But, admittedly, that's probably largely due to the added benefits of my Platinum status. The Park Hyatt is definitely a higher-end property, but I feel the Westin recognizes status better (I'm also a Diamond with Hyatt). You can't go wrong with either.

-FlyerBeek

Last edited by FlyerBeek; Aug 28, 2016 at 7:00 pm