FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US CBP Mobile Passport Control App (MPC)
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:07 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I was going to get Global Entry, but keep putting it off. Often I am traveling with others, so that kind of defeats the purpose. My last trip was kind of last minute, so I didn't have time. I signed up for Mobile Passport, and I was in for a pleasant surprise. I thought it just helped you through Immigration, but it got me front of the line for Customs to.
This was in Orlando. The Mobile Passport sign for Immigration seemed to be hidden. Apparently it was a the front of the line, same line for GE, I think. I was directed to that line by another person working the lines. When I got there, I went behind the people already waiting for the immigration counter. However, apparently the couple were "normal" status, and the officer told me to go ahead of them because I had mobile passport. So, I was first at the baggage carousel. (BA flight from LGW-MCO). Of course, the BA agent in LCA (Cyprus) did not put a priority tag on my bag, so it was quite a wait. However, after getting my bag, I spotted a Mobile Passport sign (also next to a GE sign) and NOBODY was there. This was, by far, my best experience ever entering the US.