FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN's 5th Freedom MAD-FRA in the New J Cabin on the 789
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:24 am
Innocent Abroad

Programs: BA Silver
MAD is an airport I really like, from A to Z, but the hotel situation, especially when flying from T4 is not always that great. In the past I either stayed in the center of the city, which is connected very well to the airport or used one of the hotels "near" the airport using their free shuttles. However these shuttles tend to be a pain, especially in the morning when a lot of pax are heading back to the airport so decided to try the Air Rooms located inside T4.

The facility also serves as IB's arrival lounges so I had a general idea about the place. Its location is rather confusing; it is on the lower level of T4, one floor down from arrivals and on the same level as the Metro so you have to go down one level either by the lift or an escalator:

From the distance it looks like a black and white cube:

And this is the entrance:

It's not cheap in comparison to the "nearby" hotels or hotels in city centre (I paid 100$) and the rooms are very basic (see photos below) but it does the trick. Next morning I woke up and in less the 30 minutes I was in the Velázquez lounge awaiting my flight to TLV.

I hope you enjoyed reading this TR