FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oz Diamond (SA Gold) privileges on partner reward flights
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:51 am
saitojohn

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by jon503
Strange, this is not the Star Alliance policy I'm aware of. I tried looking it up on the *A website, but it changed and is now so minimalistic that there's almost no information.

I did find this on lounge use though, which I believe extends to other privileges:

Source
I haven't had any issues accessing SA lounges using my Oz Diamond card either, even with that AC ticket redeemed with UA miles. When the AC Maple Leaf Lounge agent scanned my boarding pass, at first she said it was linked to my UA FF which has no status. But she manually overrode it when I showed her my Oz Diamond card and let me in.

Where I encountered trouble was only at the check-in counter, where my request for priority luggage tag was denied. While the priority luggage tag isn't a big deal, this could potentially be an issue if I had overweight luggage or extra pieces that are allowed for free as a Gold privilege but would otherwise incur fees for travellers without status.

jon503, what has been your experience? Do you receive Gold privileges linked to your Oz Diamond for a paid ticket, even if you accrue the flight mileage to another of your non-Gold FFP?