FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied entry into the U.S
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:32 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingStella
I haven't filed a complaint because I am scared and embarrassed to bring this up again, but I'm now running into a problem.. I am moving out of Canada, and the cheapest flights of course go through the states. I would like to get this cleared up so I can fly through there (as much as I don't ever want to go back to the us, it's the easiest way) and I don't know what's the best way to deal with this. I refuse to book an international flight for upwards of $1,000 only to potentially miss it because of this..
I really don't know what to do, just thinking about it gives me severe anxiety, and I want to have the best possible chance of never being put through something like that again.
Is the ticket you're thinking about purchasing a round trip or one way? It's safe to assume that a one-way ticket -- even one that shows you're connecting to an international flight departing from the US -- it may also result in denied entry. (Clearly the presence of an international departure did not deter them from denying you back in February.)