FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How will Amex counter the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:43 am
highops

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by penner42
I guess I just don't know how to use MR (or more realistically, don't have enough time to travel internationally as much as I want?)

I'm at SPG > UR > TYP > MR. I have 114k MR from the Plat signup, spend, and the 10k for enrolling in pay over time. I have no idea how to use them. My TYP I at least find a good value redeeming for AA flights at 1.6c.

Part of the problem I guess is flying out of SBA. We only have UA, AA, Alaska, and I'd really prefer not driving to LAX. That also adds a hop to any AA flight unless I want to go to PHX or DFW as my destination, because those are the only two places AA flies from here. So that makes BA transfers much less useful.

I really just have no idea how to redeem my MR right now.
Yep. I had 150,000 or so from a sign in bonus.

I moved some to Plenti points at 1 MR is 1.5 plenti is 1.5 cents since there is a Rite Aid on the corner.

I moved some to BA in case I need to fly to an East Coast city on short notice. I think it is 1 MR = 1.2 BA right now.

Unbelievably I found a round trip DTW to SAN for 20,000 Skymiles.

I also topped off my wife for a Delta redemption and my daughter for a Hilton redemption.

I keep telling myself I should investigate more carriers' plans. But, when pay fee/cancel time comes I'll probably move the points to Delta.

Last edited by highops; Aug 27, 2016 at 10:44 am Reason: grammar