FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR United Club - A Gates - Closed 29 Aug 2016 for remodel - reopening 12 Feb 2017?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:44 pm
GSBEWR

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by EWR764
A few thoughts:

- A is the worst terminal experience for United at EWR, so the new lounge offering is a meaningful improvement for those travelers, similar to how ORD-F was the first renovated/new UA Club post-merger, replacing what was truly an awful facility
- There is no room for a temporary lounge at A, so any major renovation would require UA to "bite the bullet" at some point
- I don't expect much more in the way of crowding at C, aside from those on long layovers or who spend too much time in airports to begin with. O&D passengers at A are still most likely to clear security at A and avoid the bus ride
- UA wants to schedule its most disruptive EWR lounge renovations (C-1/C-3) during the winter/early spring low seasons for business travel

In other news/rumors, the former RCC in A is slated to become a MLL next year.
While I agree that A2 can be a pretty horrible experience, I disagree that the UC in A2 is the worst of the three EWR clubs. I have never found it to be an unpleasant experience, nor too overcrowded. That distinction still goes to the C2/3 club.