FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied entry into the U.S
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:42 pm
FlyingStella

That was the verbal reason the customs officer gave me for not allowing me entry.
He asked me if I knew this guy who I met in 2012, and how I met him, which I replied a dating website. To which he goes, a dating website? How much did he pay you to go there? Which I repeatedly answered nothing. He asked me several times how much I was paid, which is, in my opinion asking if I'm a prostitue without actually using that word.
Then he asked where I work, and if I had pay stubs for the last four months of employment. I said no, I don't typically backpack through Central America with a collection of pay stubs, and he denied me entry.

I haven't filed a complaint because I am scared and embarrassed to bring this up again, but I'm now running into a problem.. I am moving out of Canada, and the cheapest flights of course go through the states. I would like to get this cleared up so I can fly through there (as much as I don't ever want to go back to the us, it's the easiest way) and I don't know what's the best way to deal with this. I refuse to book an international flight for upwards of $1,000 only to potentially miss it because of this..
I really don't know what to do, just thinking about it gives me severe anxiety, and I want to have the best possible chance of never being put through something like that again.