FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using a contract ID that you belong to but not for business
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:59 am
Ritz

Originally Posted by spencertimm
Hi all,

I am looking to do a quick one-way rental as a flight of mine was cancelled and I am not able to find a better one. I am a U of Oregon student and we have a National contract ID. The price using the contract ID is about 1/5th the full price.

Here's the catch: it includes the LDW, and while I am officially affiliated with the University of Oregon, I am not on official UO business. If I get in an accident, will this be an issue?

Thanks
Firstly, I would clarify with the University if the terms state you need to be conducting University business to rent with that particular Contract ID. Alot of times there's ambiguity or just no clarification or details in the verbiage. That might help. As a last resort, you can call National and ask them (without providing them you details), if what you doing would be acceptable for renting with that contract.

Originally Posted by dwbf11
If you have to ask, you shouldn't do it.
How is this possibly helpful to the OP. Aren't moderators supposed to be posting for the betterment of the members of the forum they're moderating??