FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:54 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
For those of you so happy with the Priority Pass with guests, how often do you think you will be able to use this benefit? They don't seem to have a lot of lounges in the US.

For now, I'm mostly flying DL and have the Amex Plat, so that assures me Skyclub access, and since I'm platinum medallion with DL I can access partner lounges overseas (and the nice Virgin lounge @ JFK when connecting there going to LHR).

Anyway, not trying to turn this thread into a CSR vs. Amex Plat thing, just wondering about the true usefulness of the PP benefit on the CSR, while I ponder whether I should get it or not.

For me, the main attractions are the $300 credit and the 100K UR points bonus.
For me it's about guests under 15. Amex doesn't grant AU cards to kids under 15 and so if we want to use a lounge, we have to pay for them at DL SC or PP if we have only Amex Plat. I've really appreciated Citi guesting at PP lounges for my kids. Used in SJO, CUN, LHR, MBJ, MCO 2x, NCE just this year alone. That's $189 savings. And while not all the clubs were great, they are helpful with kids bc I can let 13 year old have some freedom. Get drinks and snacks. Sometimes play video games etc. With even one use of the hotel 4th night free, I more than break even. So I'll keep Prestige regardless. I got $1400 out of the hotel benefit in the last 4 months alone and just for two stays. Totally worth it.