FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:49 pm
saaveraward

IC London Park Lane

Stayed on a combo of points and chase anniversary as spire ambassador.

upgraded from classic to london superior in my reservation, however, when I checked in, I was downgraded to a superior. Not much I could complain about since I was still getting the upgrade.

No welcome back or thank you for your loyalty. Fruit and water received with no local gift. Water not replenished until the last day (which I think I only got because it was merged reservations) and not at turndown.

Room is straight out of 1980's Ritz Carlton and two small beds making up a "king" except the gap is so huge between the two mattresses, you could put your fist between them. There is not a single eye-level power outlet in the room. Housekeeping keeps putting the plunger in the tub each day which you have to try and dig out with your nails in to a germy, flithy drain.

Did not dine on property, nor use the lounge for a supplement (not offered), nor any of the facilities. Still, a very quiet stay.

Would only return on a points booking as it's not nearly worth the 500+ quid to stay there.