FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Maui Hotel on points (SPG, Marriott, or Hyatt) for Family Vacation?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:10 am
dannybhoy

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
I had a good stay at the Sheraton Maui in December 2015, just before Christmas. Used SNA to upgrade to the Junior Suite. Not a bad resort hotel, but it was no Mystique or Vana Bell either. Breakfast wasn't Hong Kong Sheraton nor Pullman St Pancras neither. Dinner onsite was overpriced as hotel dinners generally are, we didn't have a choice as the nearby (walkable) Whalers' Village was generally packed by the time we decided what we wanted to eat or we returned from day trips too late.

Also facilities-wise, we would have a preferred large-ish pools to actually exercise in (we both generally swim about a mile at a time) rather than a small-ish resort pool with a canal-like network.

But what we really liked about the place was that the beach was a decent spot to snorkel (by the Black Rock) with resident turtles (at least 3) that showed up all but one of the mornings that we were in the water. That was the real winner.

I saw alot of guests from other Ka'anapali hotels using the Sheraton Maui beach and facilities. So I guess they liked it too.