FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:13 pm
Taoyuan

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by llbean
Hi
Im a Air CAnada member...

Have been flying yearly from YYZ-HNL usually via EWR or IAD to ensure a lie flat in J.

I was booked for NOv 30-Dec this year (via EWR both ways) but United changed the schedule - and now the connections dont work.
As far as I can see there is only lie flat to HNL via EWR..

(had IAD been discontinued? do any other cities have lie flat to HNL?)

UA now tells me to go via EWR that I have to overnight at EWR (at my expense) as the first am flight from EWR only leaves 30 min to connect in EWR. ON the way back they are giving me a 35 min connection (!) as they refuse to let me use an AC operated UA codeshare....

Is this correct? Do I have any other choices?
How is United non lie flat J (ie 777-200 via ORD) as compared to this hassle?

thanks for your help
They are in the process of reconfiguring some of the Hawaii 777s to lie-flat...last I read, one was in service and another was being modified. Not sure how that will look when you fly, but there is a small chance anyways of being able to catch one on a route besides IAD/EWR - HNL. I have flown the ORD flight several times and it's still fine. Not as nice as the lie-flat but you still are comfortable and heading towards Hawaii.