FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Points match for Elevate members
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:06 pm
ralphs

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I'm about to board my second (of two) JetBlah flights in line with this promo. Wound up with a back-of-plane Middle Class seat (17E, I believe). Not lying, absent another juicy promo it will be a cold day in hell before I even consider them again. I'm no longer a B6 virgin, but I feel like I decidedly ended up playing bottom for my first time. I think I'm going to happily be a B6 ace going forward (notwithstanding the Mint situation).

(To be fair, paying $117 for the ticket is a decent price given that I bought it about 25 hours out, but it still feels like a crappy deal all things considered, and the idea of paying $40-50 for a [nominally, as it's still 3-3 on an A320] better seat which got dished above doesn't feel like much of an improvement. Basically, they have a product which works for something like BOS-LGA but which does not translate well into ORD-JFK and which really only worked MCO-RIC because of an equipment swap.)
You paid $117 for a seat a day before to takeoff and got a middle seat in the back of the plane. What did you expect? If not you, a passenger who paid a pretty low fare at the last minute, shouldn't sit in the middle seat, who else should?

I suspect your experience would cost more and be less pleasant in the vast majority of comparable scenarios.