FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More schedule changes
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:42 pm
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Slotski
Will the 50 minutes connection be do'able without having to sprint (I'm in biz class)?
As the others have said, it is doable, provided you are on time. However, as little as 10 minutes delay will make it tight, and having done it in business before, I certainly wouldn't want to do it again, and would not dream of suggesting it in economy

In fact, knowing DOH, I would never have booked anything as foolish as that - it was a schedule change that made my planned 90-120 minute connections all 45-50 mins. The problem with DOH is there are so many bus gates, all bus arrivals are re-screened, and the bus departures happen from the other end of the terminal (genius design!)

This is my other issue with the QR scheduling at the moment. When there used to be one main East-West bank in the morning, connections were typically a sensible 1.5-2.5 hrs. After the banks were split about a year ago, 45-60 minute connections are all too common, and really unpleasant. Has anyone seen the rescreening security area look anything other than a zoo?! It's not as if they look at the x-rays or check when the scanners beep...

Anyway, my tips would be: be prepared to push into the security queue, have running shoes, and travel light in clothes you don't mind sweating in