FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coming Soon - SPG More For You. Here Now – the SPG Open More game.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:13 am
SCPigskinPrep

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Originally Posted by kauppias
So another promotion for multi night stays? Nothing again for those of us who have ALOT of one night stays!

Looks like crap out for me as well as zero stays in SPG hotels for the promo period!!!

Why not try something different SPG? Different name but same promo

I could not agree more. I am so tired of this exact same promo EVERY FREAKING TIME. It is ridiculous and shows a complete and total lack of imagination and thought.

I made Lifetime Platinum this year (1140 nights over 10 years) but find myself staying at Hilton more because these promos are garbage. Year to Date on 55 nights staying at SPG I have earned 7811 points through promos.

Meanwhile on 79 nights with Hilton, I have earned 147,119 points. Granted different earning levels but almost every night at Hilton has been promo eligible. Only 5 nights out of 55 have earned me anything from SPG. 147K points from Hilton bought me 3 nights at the beach. 7K from SPG got me a nice shiny Lifetime Platinum Card.

Throw in the fact that not a single promo has targeted me this year and I am not feeling the love.

All I can do is vote with me wallet and stays. The last 3 trips in Raleigh I have stayed at Hilton. Normally I stay with SPG because there are a number of good properties in RDU and 3 new ALOFTS. But Hilton game me double and triple points on the stays.

With SPG, I got a rock and when I flipped a room key card, I got nothing. Shocking.