FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best BBQ in/near DAL?
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:06 am
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by swag
Closest to Love Field is probably Big Al's. Maybe even walkable, if it's not too hot, about 2 miles. It gets good reviews, I haven't been in years, but remember it as good but not noteworthy.
Was there not too long ago for lunch while showing an airplane at KDAL. Unremarkable BBQ. I wouldn't go back unless time was of the essence.

Consensus best in town is Pecan Lodge, but be prepared for a very long line, especially on a Friday. With 5 hours, though, you should be ok.
Actually I think the bigger risk at Pecan Lodge is not the line but being out of food given OP's time window of 1240-1740. Pecan Lodge stays open all day on Friday and Saturday but when I have been there during odd hours for a very late lunch/very early dinner, they are often out of a lot of their food. New batches come off the smoker later for the traditional dinner hours crowd.

Suggestion to OP: give Pecan Lodge a call before you leave KDAL to head their way and make sure they have plenty of brisket left (I can almost guarantee they will be out of beef ribs).