FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me buy a security neck wallet
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:42 am
GetawaysRus

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rumbataz
Does anyone have any recommendations for a neck wallet that is extremely light, very comfortable to wear all day long, has enough space for passport, phone, credit cards and money, isn't too thick so can be worn under a jacket or a coat, doesn't feel uncomfortable if you sweat, and one where the neck strap won't break easily?
There are many of these, and I think most are fairly similar.

I use an older version of this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

The manufacturer has jazzed it up a bit since I bought mine. I like the little drivers license holder (mine doesn't have that). And mine is not RFID protected. So those are nice new features that they have added.

A few comments:
1. In a warm climate, I find that I do sweat against the back side of the neck wallet (touching my chest). Since I like to carry our passports inside the neck wallet, I put both passports inside a small plastic baggie so that they will stay dry.
2. I don't carry a phone in the neck wallet. But if I were to try, I'd probably use a plastic baggie for that also.
3. A thief could still come up behind you and slit the cord holding the wallet (and hopefully not slit my neck!!) and pull it off. So I use a small safety pin going through the cord and pin this to the inside of my shirt.