FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More schedule changes
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:51 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by kt74
Is it just me, or is there a whole plethora of schedule changes going on at the moment?

I have one particular journey, which is now only 2 months away, ARN-DOH-KUL, which has probably had 6-7 time changes in the last month. Some of these are 10-20 minute changes, and now the outbound departure time has been brought forward by almost 2 hours. Good thing I had booked a massive 6 hour cushion for my connecting flight in from LHR, especially with oneworld's no-notice luggage check-thru policy change...

What's going on? Equipment changes and selective cancellations is one thing, but can't QR keep to a published schedule?
It is likely that the Winter 2017 timetable has just been loaded in, hence the thread posted earlier about flights to and from DEL.

All airlines do this, and I have had around 20 (yes, TWENTY) schedule changes from AA over the past 3 days because they too, are playing with the timetables.

It is perfectly normal, and comes down to a host of factors.

Sixth Freedom (I think) has commented on the reasons behind the changes previously, and in some detail.

Nothing to worry about though, but do keep an eye on your bookings - or use an App like MyFlightsApp to keep on top of things.

Safe travels,

M