FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:47 pm
jibi

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
SPG Plat, 4 night stay at RH coming up next week I frankly never knew about the beach chair reservation system, which is bizarre. Of course, chairs are booked for most of my stay. Crazy to me that RH won't reserve any chairs for Plats. I sent some emails complaining and the hotel essentially shrugged. Any suggestions? Or is the indifference to Plats typical at RH?
Do you really need to reserve beach chairs (all day or even half a day) for most of your stay? The roped off area for beach chairs is somewhat small and furthest from the water. You could always do like many, many others do ... set up shop in front of the roped off area on the rest of the beach (or pick a better, less crowded beach). Just some thoughts.

Also, there really is no use in complaining about Platinum recognition for the beach chairs. This service is managed by Waikiki Beach Services, which is not owned by the hotel itself. They simply hold contracts for the Royal Hawaiian and the Sheraton Waikiki next door. As for Platinum recognition in general, it is above average at this location.