FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:26 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by LizGross144
I read your post, but I know that no one in Amex is going to read a letter that long. Also, you turned your points into gift cards. I'm not interested in doing that - we went for this bonus specifically so we could transfer the miles to book premium cabin flights for a trip next summer. I'm confident this will all be possible come September, when they're not worried about refunding prorated annual fees.

Since getting these cards, we ended up using lots of the lounge access benefits of the card (SkyClub in USA, Priority Pass abroad), and really like it. We'd strongly consider keeping it, potentially paying the annual fee on both of our accounts because of the benefits given to the primary card holder.

But all of this MR stuff has left a pretty terrible taste in our mouths.
I forgot to mention another reason I stopped posting here is cuz someone always feels the urge to comment on length of posts as being a reason for something lol

All I can say is that we waited and we worried and we thought they took our points and it could be months of more of the same frustrations to get anywhere. I think the letter--I believe you are referring to my wifes final letter sent by mail and email to exec on aug 13, which really wasnt long at all, is possibly why our points were suddenly and quietly unlocked.

Are yours?

I hope they are soon but what I am saying is that you and all others need to write them detailed and yes, lengthy complaints (I have found in my 14 years on ft and 30 years dealing with mostly successfully self advocacy and the same for friends and family that the company reading a complaint "owns" it eventually and thus has to read and deal with each point made therein, so length helps).

We did not originally want to get gcs from home depot. But when our planned redemption for virgin america miles failed (this would have triggered the jet blue promo from july that as a result only I got to do but my wife now could not) we had to rally and dump the currency.

Mr have become worthless for us to rely on and want to get again after this. Amex has done stuff to fters before like the blue cash thing a couple years ago where the only way to get your points and money back was to fight harder than this problem.

We know of far better uses of points than to rely on mr to redeem for flights. We only wanted to redeem my wifes for virgin due to a great promo. Otherwise she would have earned them and sat on them but because of this crap we are all witnessing, who here really trusts leaving the currency in their accts? Thats why we dumped them to gc!

Her last letter was sent after the first complaint to cfpb and its amex reply.

I advise you to take my advice and detail your plight to similar execs and agencies mentioned in my post if you ever want to get those points and then yes, burn them fast on something--anything--before some dummy at amex claws em back on you.

They are shamming us in my opinion. Save yourselves.