FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF LAN and QR
Thread: QF LAN and QR
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:32 am
Platy

Originally Posted by serfty
All in all, it does not matter what we think; if lounge staff deny access incorrectly, then even though one may get redress as per Dave Noble's anecdote, it does not help at the time.

Personally, if I feel the urge to credit to a different *O FF program while using Qantas Benefits benefits to access a Qantas lounge I will enter that lounge with my Qantas FF number referenced in my booking.
Points well made, Serfty.

I believe I have a consistent position - QF needs to articulate the rules clearly. I am also in favour of there being some latitude (e.g. per another thread on first class arriving passenger denied entry).

If the rules are clearly set out they can be copied and carried to challenge unfair denial of access.

As a point of passing amusement (only) - there are several regulars herein who espouse an absolute reading of the rules then happily seek to adopt an interpretation in their personal favour. Not that I have a problem with such - if the customer can "win" one against an airline go for it - QF does its best to gouge the loyal customer!

(P.S. As an aside as LTG thinking of posting to AA - having already spent the money over many years of loyal custom to reach LTG it could be considered reasonable for QF to honour the benefit set, with or without the membership number in the booking!)