FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:36 pm
Craig

I went to IAD yesterday. I had a late October booking, but kept an eye out about twice a day, and was fortunate to grab one just before I leave the US for almost two months.

The waiting room sign was quite clear - no walk-ins. Nonetheless, a couple was waiting for a free slot. They'd been there a while, it seemed, and when an agent came in from outside they asked him loudly when they would be seen. He confirmed that they didn't have an appointment, and said there was no guarantee that they would get in. The couple then made a tactical error, and started to argue, and say that they had seen gaps in the booking system. This made him pretty mad - I thought he was going to tell them to go away. But he just snarled at them and went inside. I suspect he was just going to let them wait. Which would have been interesting, as they were travelling out of the US in a couple of hours. They were very demanding that they needed GE for this trip. Entitled.

Before going in the agent asked if anyone had not given over their passport. I gave him my two, and he said he only asked for one. I said that the online system asked for one then said to take the other as both would become GE relevant. This seemed to give him some grief, and he said loudly 'well where do you live'? I said 'here in DC' and he shut up and went inside.

When my turn came, I was seen, fortunately, by an older guy, very friendly. He asked me just one question. "Do you have your green card with you"? I gave it to him, he chatted a little, then shook my hand and said "you're all fine". In and out in four minutes.

That part was excellent. The waiting room was annoying, there was a continuous tape on what to do on entry into the US. At full volume. Stuck to the bottom of the screen was a hand-written note saying not to adjust volume or turn the TV off. Otherwise I would have done the latter.

Overall, quick and efficient.

Last edited by Craig; Aug 20, 2016 at 10:22 pm