FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:43 pm
jags86

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have no problem with that explanation which is based on facts and assumptions that one can consider. But again it is only "pretty clear" based on your assumptions of spend. Nothing wrong with that of course, and it will work for a lot of people, under the same assumption - but it is far from universal truth.

I have a problem when someone has an "opinion" that is not based on any supporting facts or any assumptions.

Nothing is "better" or "worse" without knowing the comparison and what was the matrix used to make that determination.
Of course--Everyone must do their own calculations for their own particular needs and spend.

If the CSP is your current main card and you put all of your travel restaurant spend on it, you only need to spend a total of $4583/yr on travel and restaurants for it to break even. I would guess most people on this board are spending $4500/yr on travel and restaurants but I could be wrong.

I hypothesize anyone who finds it worthwhile to pay the $95 annual fee for the CSP will make out better paying $450 for the CSR.