FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Too many United Kiosks?
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:38 am
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ronlap
In SFO you use a kiosk then wait and wait and wait for someone to come tag your bag. It's better with the remodel, but because I have Clear, the longest wait is between the time the kiosk finishes and someone wanders over to grab your bag.

My other pet peeve is a line of people standing in the queue while there are a handful of empty kiosks. I never figured that one out.
At the 1K area I have never waited more than about 1 minute for someone to come put the tag on my bag if I used a kiosk. It is my home airport so go there a lot.

Originally Posted by Seby12
IIRC, the process at SFO is you print your bag tag at the kiosk. Shuffle over to the bag drop. Then they check your ID and slap on the priority tag. Then you drop your bag.

Of course, I haven't been to SFO in a month and half and they may have changed where everyone checks in.
That process went away a LONG time ago even before they moved the 1K/Premier area back to where it is now. Probably a year ago that they moved back. Don't remember exactly when but was definitely last year sometime.