FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another case of AirAsia Fraud - who should I contact in the Indian government?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rje444
(apologies for posting this in 2 forums, but it concerns both AirAisa (based in Indonesia) and AirAsia India (a subsidiary based in India)

This is a request for help or for suggestions:
Any idea which Indian government agency oversees Indian airlines? And who might be able to help me with what appears to be deliberate fraud?

I bought 2 tickets from AirAsia India over a year ago.
AirAsia then cancelled our flight 9 months ago and that very same day I requested a refund. They approved my request for a refund, and even put it on their website as approved.

But after 9 months, still no refund.

Even after scores of promises from AirAsia that they would make the refund "very soon" in emails, Private Messages, AskAirAisa messages, and even phone calls.

I've also tried posting about this on their Twitter account (and their AirAsia India CEO's Twitter account), which brought immediate private messages telling me to give them "a few more days" over and over.

I have copies of the multitude of correspondence in which they made these broken promises. And I did some research and found many stories in newspapers about similar fraud, in which AirAsia cancels a flight and promises customers refunds but never makes them. This seems to be an especially big problem for Australian citizens, who fly the airline a lot.

Any ideas what government agency AirAsia in India would have to answer to?

Thanks for any advice.
Why haven't you filed a chargeback?