FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF LAN and QR
Thread: QF LAN and QR
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:29 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by serfty
The last part of the ^ footnote refers to the membership frequent Flyer Program the PAX is crediting to.
Serfty, respectfully, that is the very assumption on your part, which means you are making an interpretation.

That said...I think I have new data to resolve this question (that makes us both right and both wrong!).

If you look at the QF website description of tier benefits there is a bullet point under the GOLD lounge access rules:

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...nefits-of-gold

"...Ensure your Qantas Frequent Flyer number is in your booking to be able to access the lounge using your Qantas Frequent Flyer card..."

However, when you look at the rules for PLATINUM, no such rule is listed (unless I've missed it).

If one can take this at face value - a Gold member needs to enter their QF number in the booking but a Platinum (or P1) member does not, in order to gain lounge access commensurate with status.

On that basis, the strategy of Life Time Gold members crediting to, say, AAdvantage, may need to be micro-managed by the passenger: cite QF number then change once in lounge (if you can do this)...