FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???
Old Apr 3, 2004, 8:58 am
magic111
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Lightbulb

Not to negate your questions of why some of the services couldn't be better kidvintage I would like to point out that at WebFlyer (one of the other sites owned by Randy P.) of the major airlines NW's WP is rated in a tie for first with AA's Aavantage. Of course as always for those who count SouthWest as a major then NW and AA are rated in 2nd place.

Now I am not sure if they measure things like IFE in the ratings but WN doesn't have any either.
But one of the first things they do rate is Earning Ability and funny thing about FT is that it seems to be one of the primary reasons that participants are here. Point of fact the majority of participants even in this thread stated that seats, IFE or meal choice was not a reason for choice of a program or at least in my case even a reason for rating a program. I admit that I went to WebFlyer and used it to choose my FFP.

I am not sure why you are not aware of FEBO on AA ,the other program rated equal to NW by WebFlyer Because if you sit BEFO you are not likely to get a meal choice either.

Now given the limitations of the program and our limited ability to get what we want without inevitably having to pay more it becomes important that you read the suggestions of those who have posted before you on how it is possible to get those things you require.

My suggestions at little or no cost is to wear long sleeve and high collar shirts so as not to feel the scratchiness, choose a seat in the middle of first so as to get a choice of meals and bring your own IFE. True this will not be a solution for everyone as you have so graciously pointed out again and again but sometimes you have to do what is best for you.

And remember if you really only want to compare an airlines FFP on its service than you should visit skytraxx (sp)

Oh yeah they for sure do not rate NW as high as Randy rates WP @:-)

edited to add that I can not believe that I still made an error even with proview

Last edited by magic111; Apr 3, 2004 at 9:03 am