FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA 1K thinking of changing to Miles and More...should I do it.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:40 am
Lack

Originally Posted by N1003U
Being able to get that SEN companion award on short notice (via waitlist), or on days not otherwise available has been lovely for me. The SEN Premium Award has also been useful for me. I am not sure I understand...
Being able to get a four segments on a one one award with UA (saving 200E in charges while at it) was pretty lovely too, but a once per year (or less when using the 150% award) occurrence has limited weight in my FFP choices.

IME, when the fertilizer hits the ventilator, the FF number rules. If you are flying as SEN, UA doesn't even care if you are GS. Others may have different experinces.
I don't see a reason for the OP to give up using his 1K credentials when flying UA.

For those of us who can't even spend all the miles we earn now, and/or who don't use complex routings when a simpler routing on another carrier will do, this seems to be a minor issue.
So much for global travel then?
What's complex about US - Asia / Middle East routing? This minor issue of third region transit is valued at 50-80k.