FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:47 pm
KLouis

Originally Posted by Red259
I need to book some Aegean flights coming up. They are not massive distances but mainly island hoping. I don't have status with united but I have a small amount of miles in my united account that maybe I can put together in the future for a domestic reward or something. My question is when I go to book my aegean ticket online how do I set it up so the miles from the flight get credited to United? I just see the option for them to be credited to my Aegean account. Is crediting them to United the best thing?
Several domestic flights are operated by OA (codeshares). Although OA is a 100% subsidiary of A3, flights these flights don't earn miles on non-M+B programs as the airline is not part of *A. In those cases the system only allows for the M+B member's number to be filled in in the booking. In contrast, when booking "straight" domestic flights (marketed and operated by A3, such as HER and SKG) the feature is not blocked. In other words, "island hopping" earns no *A miles!