FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Luxury Resort Maldives with Toddler
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:43 pm
0bsidian

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
we have tried Soneva, Reethi Rah and FSKH with infant along

They are all very child-friendly.

We only tried the babysitting as FSKH and it was not a nice experience as we ended up running back from the restaurant with our daughter crying (the babysitter call us)....but that was probably just a case.

Soneva has a great reef. Reethi Rah and FSKH do not have real reef actually in a swimming distance from the shore.

Please note that Soneva will need the same sea-plane transfer of FSLG: they are in the same atoll. btw it is quite fast. Surely it is noisy so I can understand it might bother an infant.

Beach villa are really good (in a different way/style) in O&O and Soneva while they are just acceptable (IMHO) in FSKH

Food is trickier:
Soneva has the best breakfast buffet in the known universe I believe; their dinner buffet are memorable even for those that dislike buffet in general
A la carte is (was at least) more confusing....we had both time some really great meal and very bad ones as well.
O&O does relatively well. we disliked Fanditha (arabian cuisine) so much that we never went back in two weeks. On the contrary we particularly like the main restaurant because for their extensive menu, quite rare in the Maldives.
FSKH has a great italian restaurant while we do not particularly enjoyed their dinner buffet and the indian restaurant. The grill was fine.

All in all I will say Soneva offer the best food experience among them with O&O in the second place and FSKH in the third place.

I have not been back to Maldives in a while so maybe you want to consider some more recent view on the subject
Just wanted to add that Italian restaurant is currently dreadful at FSKH.
Not sure if important for OP but wanted to point out in case it was, since I seem to remember The Daddy's visit is from years ago.

Edit: Also, the FSKH beach villas mentioned by The Daddy's have been renovated a few months ago.