FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:43 am
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dordal
For those of you that applied, is anybody planning to keep the card after year 1?

Maybe I'm totally missing something, but this card doesn't seem that great to hold, at least compared to other similar cards (e.g. The Citi card gives you PP w/ two guests, and Amex has their own lounges. )

Now the signup bonus is amazing, esp given that you get $700+ in cash benefits in year one ( travel credit, GE, etc.), but after that I'm not sure.

So is everybody just signing up for the bonus, or is anybody planning to keep this?
I probably will. The way I see it, since the $300 credit is per calendar year and applies to anything coded as travel, two domestic round-trip tickets will basically pay for the AF on their own and then some. This doesn't even count stuff like the GE credit and the $100 Visa Infinite airfare discount.

Of course, there's no guarantee that Chase won't nerf that benefit (or others) after a year or two.