FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:49 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by druck
I have lifetime Sapphire status (from AA) and have already qualified for Emerald in 2017 (AA EXP). However, 2018 is a different story - since even if I achieve AA's EQD requrement, I will still earn paltry RDM (and hence award currency) from whatever flights I take if they are credited to AA.

Looking for suggestions on where to credit OW flights from now onwards.

Here are my answers to the 'Question':
(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Reply: Upgrades (preferably complimentary)
The grass in not always greener on the other side

You are not going to get upgrades on AA crediting to another ffp. On non USA airlines always expect to travel in class you buy. Non USA airlines do not give out upgrades (free or with miles/cash) like is common on USA based airlines.

USA based airline ffp's tend to be more generous (status benefits/earn/burn/upgrades/award cost/award cash surcharges/expiry/affiliated credit card ff mile earning/promotions) compared to non USA based airline ffp’s (even after the recently announced changes to some USA ffp’s). But if you are not flying the airline of your ffp the useful benefits are somewhat limited.

The airline you fly and the airline ffp you credit those flights to does not need to be the same.
AS may suit you as AA, DL and many Oneworld airlines, including CX, are partners

And again:-
The grass in not always greener on the other side