FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New "Light" Flight Class means ZERO bags for star alliance gold members
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:31 pm
Maniak

Originally Posted by SPlDER
In my opinion *A rules are clear:
"*G can take an extra 20 kg (44 pounds) where the weight concept applies or an extra piece where the piece concept applies.
Some airlines do not offer this benefit on individual flights but only on connecting Star Alliance flights."
Light fares don't give any luggage allowance.

Originally Posted by purch
I believe the major complaint when these fares were introduced, is that the new "light" fares were more expensive than the baggage-inclusive fares they replaced. So as an example, instantaneously, classic was introduced at say €30 more than the old fares, and light at say €15 more than the old fares. So your argument that a la carte pricing makes it cheaper for those who don't want to pay for bags doesn't hold any water. They used the introduction of the new model as a cover to jack the prices up.
I believe, for many, the main complain is that when one is buying a ticket from a non-LH site, one is often not aware of the fact that the fare is Light Fare and doesn't include any luggage allowance.
Further, (if one read all details of the fare and noted that it doesn't include any luggage) in such a case one can purchase extra luggage allowance, but if the fare stays as Light Fare, then as a *G one will have only one piece of luggage, not 2.