FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:35 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jmanirish
I would be actually SHOCKED if an A fare didn't have the EWR-LAX restriction. I just pulled up a TPA-IAH-LAX in A and it was the HAA0UPKN I posted above.

But it's all a moot point. SDC on the app definitely has been known to not apply routing rules/restrictions. However I've never seen it not apply the fare class restriction. In this case, A will never be available on EWR-LAX because it's not ever sold that way. So you'd have to call up to change to a J/C/D/Z/P and in doing so, the agent definitely will apply the routing rules/restrictions.

Ah - you're in an even worse situation than we all guessed. We really should continue this conversation over in the SDC thread.

You likely have what is called a fare break in IAH. Meaning you don't actually have a TPA-LAX fare, you have a TPA-IAH fare combined with a IAH-LAX fare. Most experience on this board shows that SDC won't work without agent intervention (and even then, not likely). Now you *might* be able to SDC from IAH-LAX, to IAH-EWR-LAX, but will only show up once you board (i.e. they scan your BP) in TPA.
Thanks! I guess I'm screwed. Oh well, at least it was a really cheap fare.