FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:50 pm
jmanirish

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Probably not allowed by the routing rules, so definitely not on-line or via mobile app. An agent could force it but it would be flagged as an exception and the agent may be asked to explain it.

The routing rules used for SDC seem to be the full fare rules and many fare rules specific disallow PS routings.
I would be actually SHOCKED if an A fare didn't have the EWR-LAX restriction. I just pulled up a TPA-IAH-LAX in A and it was the HAA0UPKN I posted above.

But it's all a moot point. SDC on the app definitely has been known to not apply routing rules/restrictions. However I've never seen it not apply the fare class restriction. In this case, A will never be available on EWR-LAX because it's not ever sold that way. So you'd have to call up to change to a J/C/D/Z/P and in doing so, the agent definitely will apply the routing rules/restrictions.

Originally Posted by fly747first
It's a mixed fare, I have "A" TPA - IAH and "C" IAH - LAX. Doesn't BF EWR LAX usually have C buckets? I did read carefully and can't find anywhere that says routing via EWR isn't allowed, then again, I don't fly UA much. lol
Ah - you're in an even worse situation than we all guessed. We really should continue this conversation over in the SDC thread.

You likely have what is called a fare break in IAH. Meaning you don't actually have a TPA-LAX fare, you have a TPA-IAH fare combined with a IAH-LAX fare. Most experience on this board shows that SDC won't work without agent intervention (and even then, not likely). Now you *might* be able to SDC from IAH-LAX, to IAH-EWR-LAX, but will only show up once you board (i.e. they scan your BP) in TPA.

Last edited by goalie; Aug 15, 2016 at 2:58 pm Reason: merge