FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - July's "enhancements"
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:47 am
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
My partner tells me Emirates Y is streets ahead of BA and you get lots of food served.
I did a recent J flight GLA-DXB-PEK. Forgot all about it but on departing GLA, the CC informed me that they would be serving lunch and then an ice cream service before we landed in DXB. Had lunch, a few hours sleep and woke up about 2 hours to landing. As it was, the flight was fairly quick and no holding on approach to DXB but the ice cream service never materialised.

Could have sworn on my revious GLA-DXB flights we were served a light snack (sandwich/proper food) before landing. Was't too bothered though as had a few hours to kill in the lounge and knew I would have something substantial to eat before my next flight as my plan was to get straight to sleep.

Haven't done BA L/H for quite some time now but this is starting to bring back (not too good) memories of the early 2000's when major cutbacks started affecting BA's reputation. Remember the exact flight too. Had been working all day with no opportunity to get something substantial or hot down my neck and was on the late flight to BUD. Looking forward to a hot meal and was presented with a manky, cold pasta salad sans meat and that was the only choice other than nothing in Y. (Accepted it was hard times, just after 9/11 and all that but, a mini chocolate bar, nowadays, and only one at that, is laughable).

Safe & Happy Travels

S